In case of an emergency, or if you smell natural gas, call 911 and Paiute Pipeline at 1-800-624-2153 or 1-775-882-0148 (collect), 24 hours a day, seven days a week, whether you are a Paiute Pipeline customer or not.
Natural gas pipelines are one of the safest forms of energy transportation in the United States. At Paiute Pipeline, our ongoing safety programs meet or exceed all federal requirements for safe pipeline operation and maintenance. However, damage to pipelines can occur due to improper excavation, corrosion or natural disasters, which may result in a natural gas leak. Timely recognition and response help minimize the potential effects caused by escaping gas.
A natural gas leak may be present if you:
• Smell an unusual odor like rotten eggs, whether the odor is constant or momentary, strong or slight.
• Hear a “hiss” or “roar” from a pipeline below or above ground.
• See dying or discolored vegetation around a pipeline, or water or dirt blowing into the air.
If you suspect a natural gas leak, follow these safety tips:
• Leave the vicinity immediately and don't use an automated door.
• From a safe place, call 911 AND your local gas company or Paiute Pipeline at 1-800-624-2153 immediately, day or night.
• Don't smoke or use matches or lighters.
• Don't turn on or off any electric switches, thermostats, or appliance controls.
• Don't start or stop an engine.
Natural Gas Pipelines Can Be Buried Anywhere, So Call Before You Dig
Pipeline Integrity Management Program
more information about natural gas pipelines and safety, visit the